Due to COVID-19, we have implemented several changes at our office in accordance with the
recommendations of the American Dental Association, Michigan Dental Association, Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention, and OSHA. The goal of these changes is to keep our patients,
their families and our staff as safe as possible. We want to make you aware of some of these
- When the office calls to confirm your appoint we will do a COVID-19 pre-screening. This will
consist of a few questions to be answered over the phone.
- We have implemented a Virtual Waiting Room. When you arrive at the office please remain in
your vehicle and call us (Ann Arbor: 734-663-2490 or Chelsea: 734-562-2430). Stay in your
vehicle until we call you to say that your provider is ready to see your child.
- Only the patient(s) with an appointment and one (1) parent or guardian is allowed in the
office for the appointment. We encourage parents of our older patients to wait in their
vehicle when possible.
- Please wear a mask when entering the office. If you do not have a mask then the office will
provide you with one. We will also ask everyone to hand sanitize upon entering the office.
- At the start of each appointment, the provider will do a COVID-19 screening which will
include a questionnaire and temperature scan of the patient and guardian present. If the
patient’s or guardian’s temperature is 100.0 degrees F or greater the appointment will be
rescheduled and you will be asked to contact your PCP.
- Your dental care providers will be wearing new and different Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) including: more protective masks, face shields and scrub caps. This may concern some
children as it is not what they are used to seeing us wear. Please remind your child that we
are wearing these new items to help keep everyone safe.
- The parent or guardian will be asked to review and sign new paperwork detailing relevant
changes in the office protocols.
We are so excited to welcome our families back to the office! We appreciate everyone for doing
their part to keep our patients, families and staff safe! We are proud of our commitment to the
highest standards of infection control, both in the protocols our office used before the
COVID-19 outbreak, and in our new and even more rigorous standards and practices now being
implemented. We will continue to update our infection control protocols using the latest
guidelines that emerge from respected local and national health and safety organizations. Please
reach out to us with any questions regarding the safety changes our office has made.